Monday, January 9, 2012

Local Selfs



One of the three breeders of Self Bengalese that I am in touch with is Bruce and he lives a good drive out of Sydney. He is a member of the NSW Finch Exhibitors Society that I have just become a member of and I have visited with him once before and speak often on the phone. He has just finished off his breeding season and has sent me a couple of pics of his Self Bengalese. These pictures are a bit more clear than the earlier ones that I have posted and shows well how nicely sized these Show Quality Self's are. Bruce keeps Chocolates and Gingers.






































Bruce tells me that he first picked up his Self Bengalese when he was younger in the 1960's and Bruce goes as far to say that in those days in Sydney, Selfs were more popular than the pied and would win more pizes on the show bench. It is safe to say that Bruce's Bengos are still descendants of this early Sydney bloodline.



































No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to Comment on my Aussie Bengos Blog, your thoughts are welcome.

Cheers