Monday, November 7, 2011

Mark Shipway

A key figure in the development of the Self Bengalese in Australia was the late Mark Shipway. My Selfs that I have now are from my friend James in Queensland and James bred his birds with Mark in years past so it would be safe to say that my Selfs could be descendants of Mark's Bengalese. Mark was  from what I understand a driving force in starting the Bengalese Breeders Society and was undoubtedly very passionate about cultivating interest in the pure Self Bengalese. He was a prolific writer and I have come across an article that he wrote that was published in 2003. I have been careful to try and gain some permission to use his writings in my blog and since James was very close to Mark, I mentioned this to him and he was happy to endorse my use of Mark's text and he was confident that relevant family members would also approve. However if any relevant family members that read this have any objection to my quoting of Mark Shipway's articles then please do not hesitate to contact me.


   
Above: White Rumped Munia         

This begins a series of posts that will quote an article of Mark Shipway's called "A Misguided Belief to Dispel" you will be able to search for it in future in the topic section on the left under "Mark Shipway"

I hope you get as much out of reading this as I certainly do.